Friday, February 29, 2008

live to die another day

I was supposed to climb Mt. Banahaw covertly. yes covertly. when I ventured into Brgy. Kinabuhayan Dolores, I met with my guide and we were instructed to go pass by the Barangay Hall to register our climb. Unfortunately, we were instructed to hire a Barangay Tanod to accompany us at my expense. And the only available place would be Tatlong Tangke, a short hiking trip far away from the peak -- a walk in the park. I was asked if I had secured a DENR permit to forego the Tanod from accompanying us and to be given the go signal to climp up to the peak (Durungawan area)... and so I traveled from Kinabuhayan Dolores to Tayabas and then to Pagbilao, wasting around two hours looking for that permit. I was able to pinpoint where to find that permit, it was only 10 minutes away from Brgy Kinabuhayan. At the end of the day, after carrying my hiking pack I was dead tired. The next day I was supposed to go back to Kinabuhayan to secure that permit. It was too much strain on me physically.
Thus today I officially end my Banahaw Walkabout plans. Although if you look at it, the setbacks are exactly what the risks are. But I'll concede this battle to fight another tomorrow.
I'm thinking about taking pictures of Manila's destitute population... at night. I don't really need to go that far. Makati has its share of that populace. Too much hypocrisy with the high-rise buildings around the Glorietta area. Alternatively, I'm thinking about a 'corporate' social dancing DANCEabout.

No comments: