Sunday, October 21, 2007

bombs, the estribo gang and my conspiracy theory

i just got home from my girlfriend's place. prior to that, i almost got mugged by the estribo gang in a bus. these 3-4 guys usually surround you and force you to shift your attention somewhere, while forcing you to move or be trapped between them, and while you are pushed from all directions they go through your pockets! luckily for me, i was a bit alarmed when one of the guys sat beside me given there were other open seats infront of me. second, when the guy behind me was trying to shift my attention to my left by saying he lost something and it went below on my left side, i move to the right in small increments. when he kept pushing me to the right , i found myself in the middle of the 3 guys and the guy infront was shouting at me like i was blocking his way. at that moment, i shouted a curse which for 1 second stunned them -- in a way they stopped pushing me from all directions and i was able to go out of the bus. i left my cap though but it wasn't much. if you look at the pic, i'm the one referred to as X.
there was a bombing in glorietta 2 the othber day, 8 people were dead and around 70-90 wounded. the place is just a 3-5 minute walk away from school. luckily i wasn't loitering around. i was working on my writing exercise to be passed at 3:30. it happened around 2:30 and at 2:45 my dad called me up... i was oblivious to the matter, b-school is such a torture for freshmen.
the bombing is an unfortunate incident expecially when the peso has just appreciated to its lowest in a long time. also, because of this appreciation, some export segment are closing because they are losing out on the cheaper dollar. tsk tsk tsk... which brings me to my conspiracy theory... could the government have initiated the bombing so they would not have to subsidize these exporters?

No comments: