Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the post-MBA depression

if there is case of postpartum depression, post-MBA depression should be possible. i guess the recession is something relevant after your quarter life. Back during the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997, I just started in college and it never really affected me and my friends. Earning your keep changes everything. Especially the taxes. I guess I don't have to worry about that since I don't have any taxable wage for now anyway.

Its depressing how the current batch of MBA graduates from AIM are slow in their diffusion back to the employment rat race. As far as I know only 2 of the 30(?) Filipinos have jobs... well 4 were company sponsored so that's 6 out of 30. I guess HR professionals are still drunk from vacationing. Also, it's the first batch of graduates from the 16-month MBA program who graduated in December, while all the previous batches graduated in May. I guess this should have been foreseen by the administration, regardless of the current recession, and measures should have been put in place. Else, why go for a 16 month program if your graduates will be idle for four months anyway.

So the jobhunt continues...

No comments: