Monday, December 22, 2008

the calm after the storm...




im going back to Cebu later today. it's been a week since my MBA graduation here at AIM.  I've been busy packing my stuff and organizing my digital files, still i'm not yet done.  After 16 months of blood, sweat, tears and CP, the thrill level goes down. I'm now the young MBA graduate but still jobless.  I guess all the HR people are still partying.

One thing I will remember in the graduation is the batch name coined by Madhu, our distinction graduate in his speech.  The previous batch which was the last of the 2-year MBA called themselves the last of the Mohicans, and  Madhu then called out batch as the first of the Conquerors.  I had tried to email the whole batch about a consensus on what our batch name is supposed to be but AIM always has fail points to consider, in this case group email.  Although Madhu's coined batch name, even though not done by consensus or popular vote is okay.

I've been staying in the dorm up to now andit feels weird that the walls and hallways do not echo the pressure of the past 16 months.  The nooks and cranny of AIM is devoid of the familiar faces who either greet you with sweet, drunken or sleepy smiles.  I miss my batch mates.  My experience in AIM, although not the best, I think thats what makes it  beautiful.  It calls to my mind what a friend told me once about falling in love, "Its not the pretty face which makes yoou fall in love, it's the small quirks and annoyances that endears the person to you."

After 16 months, I believe AIM has given me more than a diploma.  But one thing that must be addressed is the "unofficial/official" policy on cheating.  The cheating must stop and the cheaters must be penalized regardless of cultural differences.  

*(I wasted 800php on the worthless official photographer)



No comments: