Thursday, April 17, 2008

blog-forward

everything just finished today. well for me at least. some people have to take the MCS exam tomorrow. our CAN group got exempted. very unlikely but we did. somehow we pushed through in the last minute and got the exemption. we just finished the OM exam about an hour ago and it was quite ... well simple. anybody who has done top-down programming in college would have no problems... but common sense would really help.
so first year business school is unofficially over (until tomorrow officially). but there are still 3 papers to submit. 1 individual, 1 by dyad partners, and the last one is by ad-hoc teams. I need to finish my part for the Chinese Nuclear Power Plant business plan tonight. I'm still researching about Apple for now.
I guess as early as now, I am feeling nostalgic. the pressure, we all hate it but we live by it. Although there have been flaws in the delivery of the MBA16 program, there are learnings. The problem is, even with the difficulties, the administration still wants us to pass our quantitative subjects! I would understand the process issues that we have, it is like a reflection of the real world outside. But then some of us are looking into another perspective. Whereas 8 months ago we were idealistic and hungry for learning, right now we are looking at finishing the course, getting our individual diplomas and getting out of the school. Its a bit sad, the issues plaguing MBA16 and the attitude of my batch. I understand what they are feeling and sometimes, I feel that way too (hmm, sounds like a song.)
we had our last strategy class this morning and it was like an eye opener. we look too much at business and corporate life that it reminded us about ourselves and individuals, as brother and sister, daughter and son, husband, wife and lovers, how business ethics should not be at the expense of other human beings. it was like a graduation speech, yet we are not yet graduates. i appreciate that class by professor Gallegos. I think that will be something sort of a guidebook for me. There is too much angst in my life, within and outside the mba arena. i guess there is still hope.
ashton kutcher, in 'a lot like love' was advised by his deaf-mute brother...
Oliver, this is your life. It doesn't wait for you to get back on your feet.
and so with my nostalgia i continue to write on this blog. i'm actually done with the report this blog was initially for, but it seems my life is now connected with it. including my laziness. and so my blogging continues... to infinity and beyond!

1 comment:

reshma said...

hi pow..=)... ur blog seems interesting....

can i follow ur blog?

this is my blog ad
http://reshmaadvani40.blogspot.com/