Thursday, November 1, 2007

the long weekend

i'll be going back to my hometown Iligan City with my gf and little boy in tow. we are gonna surprise my mother on her birthday with her twin. it will be a good time to relax a bit from B-school. just a bit. i am bringing with me 7 cases for next week's class. and about next week, i have 3 major exams :-( hopefully the trip will freshen me up a little, and clear my mind of the pressures in B-school. perhaps it would be a good time to reflect. i'm fond of climbing our rooftop during midnight and gazing at the stars, wondering about life and anything.
i chatted with my high school friends on yahoo messenger yesterday and i do hope we could meet back home. i am paying my debts to my goddaughter whom i haven't seen in 4 years. she's into ballet and her mom says she like girly stuff like barbie and necklaces. i bought her fairy wings from SM that could complement her ballet outfit plus a necklace.
i just got my backpay from Siemens. i'm more than happy with the amount considering what i've done for 19 months on the operations floor. i'm thinking of getting a Palm treo 650 although i'm having second thoughts since there have been complaints about the 650's operating system crashing from time to time. i'm happy with my hand-me-down p910i phone but there is not much free applications that can be used with the p910i. plus the casing is expensive! and if i do sell it at a second hand place, still the casing is more expensive than the price i can sell it at. the treo 650 though is a far better phone as regards to functionality, given the multitude of freeware from Palm. i do miss my old m500. it was a workhorse. i'm keeping my eyes open for a good treo bargain by december. most of the people in mapalad.com, i think, are going for the iphone or the p990 for the WIFI capability. the treo 680 is pretty expensive but its not much of a leap from the treo 650. the iphone is a revolutionary phone, kinda like my p910i without the flip; but i find it too expensive especially that its not yet 3G capable.
we had our batch Operations Management game today. we were tasked to create a device wherein we can put in an egg and drop it from the 3rd floor, without breaking/cracking the egg. our team's 3 design were lemons. we discounted the idea of a parachute to dampen the free fall. we went for other ideas which were good actually but needed more design testing. the main drawback was we spent too much on materials and took too long, plus our product did not work. also, our group isn't really up to speed communication-wise and we're a bit of lagging in terms of cohesiveness.

2 comments:

Admin said...

pless help me to upgrade my se p910i to iphone. example from you youtube video..

Admin said...

my blogspot is, www.uds4all.blogspot.com or udsmuslim@gmail.com